Central Bohemian International Singing Workshop 2017
For music students at high schools and universities
Demand from music school students in the Czech Republic and abroad has led then on-profit Association for Musical Education to organize for the fourth time its summer singing workshop. With strong support from the village of Petrovice, the singing workshop is planned for 12th - 22th July 2017, centredon the village, close to Sedlčany in the beautiful region of Příbram.
The 6th year of the Central Bohemia
International Singing Workshop
organized annually by the Bohemia Organization for Musical Education o.p.s., took place in Petrovice u Sedlčan on 13th - 23rd July 2016.
In total, 25 students, who worked under singing pedagogues PaedDr. Christiny Kluge (Germany), Univ. Prof. Ingrid Kremling (Germany), Prof. Rafala Žurakowského (Poland), a Mgr. Jaroslava Mrázka (Czech Republic), took part in the event. Piano collaboration was provided by prof. Jaroslav Šaroun from HAMU in Praze, MgA. Adolf Melichar from the State Opera in Prague. The organ player Mgr. Mikoláš Troup from Svatohorská Cathedral in Příbram collaborated on the organ concerts.
The acting direction of students in the new theatre Obecní dům in Petrovice was taken care of by the director of the Prague State Opera Lubor Cukr along with the pianists MgA. Petra Klimešová and Michaela Kadlecová.
An important part of the singing workshop was, like in previous years, 7 concerts during which students could test and use their new skills which they have acquired from singing workshops in front of a live audience. Moreover an evening dedicated to opera arias and duets took place. Also this year there was a new concert in the beautiful Polish embassy hall in Prague at Malá Strana. There was a very laid-back and friendly atmosphere during the workshop because of the warm welcome of our concerts by the local audience. There is no doubt that our concerts were successful because we were invited to take part next year as well.
We would like to thank the municipal authority in Petrovice lead by mayor Petr Štěpánek and vice mayor Vlasta Roubíková for allowing us to use the premises of Chateau Petrovice and the Elementary school as well as for the success of this year’s Central Bohemia International Singing Workshop. In addition we thank the fund ŽIVOT UMĚLCE for financial support and last but not least the town Příbram. We expressed our thanks to everyone who helped the Central Bohemia International Singing Workshop during every concert introduction and all their logotypes were published in all printed materials of the workshop (posters and programs).
We are grateful for the beautiful concerts made possible by all the pedagogues, performing students and pianists who contributed to a large extent to the success of individual concerts and to the whole experience of the 6th year of the Central Bohemia International Singing Workshop.
We are looking forward to your participation in the 7th year in July 2017!
Central Bohemia Organization for Musical Education o.p.s
Mgr. Jaroslav Mrázek, Director 25.7.2016
Why to apply
- Experienced instructors Throughout the course you will be guided by professional instructors from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland and Slovakia. Each student will receive individual tuition.
- International co-operation Meet students and instructors from across the EU and beyond. Enjoy the group experience and a friendly atmosphere.
- During the course you will have the chance to perform inregular concerts, introducing you – the young artists - to the audiences of central Bohemia, where such concerts are rare.
Schedule for the Central Bohemian International Singing Workshop 2017:
- 11th July 2017Registration of students and instructors at Petrovice.
- 12th - 22th July 2017Individual lessons for students in Petrovice Castle
- 15th - 22th July 2017Individual lessons for students in Petrovice Castle + classical concerts in the theatres and sacred spaces of Příbram, Benešov, Písek and Tábor.
- 23th July 2017End of the Central Bohemian International Singing Workshop 2017, departure of students and instructors.